Thursday 3 July 2008

Kiehl's Lavender Foaming Relaxing Bath with Sea Salts and Aloe



RRP: from $18.50/£25.50.

--What does the promo say?--
"Soothing and relaxing
Contains moisturizing and conditioning ingredients
Not tested on animals
Historically, Lavender and Dead Sea Salts have been used because of their soothing and relaxing properties. This foaming-relaxing bath also contains moisturizing and conditioning ingredients that are beneficial in maintaining optimal skin condition."

--Packaging--
My boyfriend and I had already ascertained from previous use of Kiehl's products that their packaging is useless - it may look pretty but it leaks when in transit too - awful if you want to take the stuff on holiday, and this stuff is far too expensive to waste. Sadly, this product also didn't fail to disappoint - I accidentally knocked it over (not from a great height, and onto carpet, not tiles), and the lid shattered into a million tiny pieces. And it's only made of plastic (i.e. not of a usually breakable material such as glass). Needless to say, I was not really impressed when this happened.

--Usage instructions--
Run a small amount under running bathwater for bubbles galore. Lie back, relax, and enjoy the softness of the bubbles and the aromatherapeutic properties of their ingredients.

--Lather--
Good to start with, but the bubbles seem to disappear quite quickly, meaning topups may be needed to prolong the luxuriousness of your bath.

--Appearance--
The foam bath liquid is quite watery and a sort of pale yellow colour. The bubbles, however, are white.

--Scent--
The lavender is definitely more discernible than the aloe, so don't go for this if you prefer the latter scent. The scent is also quite strong, although not in a negative way, and smells very natural rather than synthetic.

--Longevity of effects on the skin--
Uber-softness will result, although the scent doesn't linger for as long as I'd like. Interestingly, though, this has the added bonus of being extremely soothing on bad sunburn (yes, I realised this from experience...).

--Value for money--
With the current exchange rate I would certainly be seeking to buy this in the US, rather than going to my nearest SpaceNK store in the UK. However, even then I'm not sure I'd buy this again, mainly because of the packaging. It really is so brittle and lacks durability - I like to be able to take any of my products anywhere with me, and with this, I don't feel I'd be able to do that.

perfect partner
Kiehl's Creme de Corps, from £14.50/$16.50

No comments: