Friday 22 June 2007

Too Faced Little Pink Book



RRP: £22.00
Contains: 2 concealers, 1 blush, 2 eyeliner shadows, 2 brow shadows, 1 applicator, 3 eyeshadows, 2 glosses, 1 mirror

--Packaging--
In a lot of the pictures I saw on the internet, the outside of the little pink book looks kind of fabric-like, so I was surprised when mine arrived and it was all shiny and sparkly. I didn't know whether to be disappointed because it wasn't what I'd expected, or happy because it was pretty anyway. Inside the little pink book, everything is quite concisely and neatly laid out. Good start.

--What does the promo say?--
"A must-have makeup book/palette that holds all your naughty little secrets. This version of a Too Faced girl's little black book is filled with every beauty essential required to melt the hearts of any man, and make other women "pink" with envy. Slip it into your pocket for touch-ups on the town!"

--Application--
The book provides you with one applicator - one end is an eyeshadow sponge, the other end is a lipgloss brush. This is fine in itself but they could do with providing at least one more applicator for the eyeliner/brow stuff. I'm fine to use my fingers for the blush and concealer but using your fingers for the eyeliner and brow stuff just looks really messy and lame. There should be room for me to stick another little brush in there though.

--Appearance and scent--
No scents to speak of, but to be honest I was a little disappointed with the appearance of the concealers and lipglosses at the outset. They looked a bit greasy/oily and a bit cheap, kind of like the free makeup you get with teen magazines and definitely not what you expect for £22. However, they were fine on application, though I'd warn that a little of the lipgloss goes quite a long way.

--Texture--
Everything fine except the lipgloss, which feels a bit overpowering and heavy on your lips if you apply too much. Just limit your application and you should be OK though.

--Longevity--
Pretty good, actually, even the lipgloss. I was impressed - I wore the lipgloss while eating and it definitely stood the test.

--Coverage--
The concealer is OK, but I personally prefer to wear a foundation as well. I have a mini foundation that I can carry about with me though, and I can appreciate why they couldn't include one as the differences between shades of foundation are so important. If you have clear skin (unlike me...sob) then you'll be fine with just having a concealer.

--Removal--
Easy to remove.

--Value for money--
It is a bit expensive, but I was looking for a makeup palette for a very long time before buying this one, and this is the only one that doesn't include a ridiculous number of shades of lipgloss and eyeshadow and (more importantly) it was the only one I found that actually had a concealer. When you consider other products on the market, such as the Bourjois Petit Guide de Style (which incidentally only has 2 eyeshadows and nothing else for your £7), you get an excellent range of products for the price. Ultimately I would say it is worth the money paid (particularly if you buy off ebay, hehe).

--Other comments--
The only thing I would recommend that they include is one more applicator and also a mini mascara - if Estee Lauder can give away mini mascaras with every order I think Too Faced can manage to fit one in there for your £22. Despite this tiny criticism, I would still emphasise that it is a fabulous concept - I liked it from the first time I saw it and it's really quite different to other palettes on the market. It would make a lovely gift for anyone who feels the need to look good while on the move.

No comments: