Tuesday 28 October 2008

an update about me

I never know who reads this thing, and thus who might be interested, but meh.

Last time I wrote one of these 'about me' type sections, I was still in the midst of my linguistics studies at Oxford. I thankfully passed that course, and graduated last month. I am not currently planning on any further study, though perhaps I will do a doctorate some day (part-time, because I really enjoy working).

Also last month, I moved to France on the 5th September. I work as an English teacher (both for native speakers and for those learning English as a foreign language) at the Ecole Active Bilingue, a secondary school in Paris' 15th arrondissement, and as a private tutor. I am here mainly to get away from the gigantic mess that is Britain at the moment, and to put an end to the frankly ridiculous international long-distance relationship arrangement that my boyfriend and I wrestled with for nearly four years. Now in state of general cohabitational bliss. Luckily, I am not too far away from my real 'home', friends, and family in England, and have friends and family in France as well.

While doing all this, I continue to write this blog (as I'm sure you're aware...) in association with TotalBeauty. In addition, I plan to start a book blog in January, as a hangover from my days as a book reviewer for the university rag. I'll link to it here as soon as it's up. Enjoy -- and if anyone has any suggestions for the blog, please of course let me know.

edit: http://biancasbookblog.blogspot.com

No comments: