Thanks to Priya at One Product Too Many, I've been awarded a Liebster - an award designed for bloggers with under 200 followers. Thanks, Priya!
I had to think hard about who I would choose to receive this award, as many of the blogs I follow already have more than 200 followers, but I nominate the following:
As this blog award seems more like a meme, Priya has given me some questions to answer. My task is then to set questions for my four nominees above to answer if they would like to.
Priya's questions to me:
- What's your favourite beauty brand? Possibly Kiehl's or Clinique, given that my skin has really cleared up while using them.
- What's your most and least favourite beauty product? Most favourite? Crème de la Mer Refining Facial. Least favourite? 17 nail varnish.
- What made you start writing a blog? I was bored, I couldn't get a job, and I was (still am!) obsessed by beauty product. My initial aim was to catalogue every product I owned in the form of a review. Still don't think I've achieved this yet.
- How long have you been blogging for? Since 2007.
- What blogs are your favourite to read and why? I don't actually tend to read that many beauty blogs, but on the lifestyle side I always enjoy Loralee's Looney Tunes and The Spohrs Are Multiplying for their quirky sense of humour and moving life stories.
- What celebrity has the best style? I always think Victoria Beckham looks great - beautiful, well-fitting clothes that go with everything and never date. Her makeup style is very classic too.
- What's your favourite quote? Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change. (André Gide)
- What are you going to do once you've answered these questions? Make the bed up with new sheets for the week, and blog on my other two blogs.
- Where do you buy your beauty products from? Mostly from the internet, being careful to watch out for fraudsters of course! I find it's where the best prices are.
- What's your favourite place in the world? Possibly Key Largo in Florida, but there are many other places I love equally for different reasons, like Oxford (England).
- What's the one beauty product that you couldn't live without? Concealer, without a doubt. Namely Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette.
1. Do blog full-time, or just wish you could?
2. If you don't blog full-time, what other job do you do as well? If you do, how long did it take you to get to that point?
3. What's the best beauty product launch you've ever been to?
4. What would you change about blogging if you could?
5. Has your life, or outlook on life, changed as a result of blogging, and if so, how?
6. What's the best free thing you've been sent to test because of your blog, and did you keep the product afterwards?
7. What's the best new brand or product you've discovered as a result of blogging?
8. Have you ever had to take a day off work because of blogging? If not, what's the most daring thing you've done in the name of blogging?
9. What's the worst thing about blogging?
10. What's the worst or wackiest beauty product you've discovered through blogging?
11. What would you say to others who are looking to start a blog?