Saturday 23 June 2012

PitROK Crystal Roll-On Deodorant for Women

RRP: £4/50ml

--What does the promo say?--
"A Sensitive Skin deodorant based on pure natural mineral salts. PitRok For Women provides day-long protection without causing irritation. The PitRok crystal is a natural bacteriostatic agent – so it stops the bacteria that cause underarm odour from growing. Formulated with Aloe Vera, Grapefruit seed extract and our natural crystal it leaves your skin feeling fresh and revitalised. Like all PitRok Deodorants it includes only the ingredients needed to do the job. Nothing more. Dermatologically tested. Free from Aluminium Chlorohydrate or Aluminium Zirconium. Free from Parabens, SLS/SLES, Propylene Glycol, Silicone. Does NOT block pores. Not tested on animals by or on behalf of PitROK. Contains no animal derived ingredients. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans."

--Packaging--
The white and gold colour scheme and vintage swirls make this product seem glamorous, new, and different, allowing it to stand out on the shelves among the greens and blues that are so common in the deodorant market. The lid twists off easily when you want to use it and closes securely afterwards. At 50ml it's also suitable for travel, although the flip side of this is that the roller ball is perhaps a bit small.

--Usage instructions--
The PitROK website instructs that "it is essential that PitROK is applied to freshly cleaned skin, therefore always use immediately after your bath or shower.  Apply to underarms or feet.  Dries in about a minute." No quibble here - it's quick-drying and easy to use (although I've only tried it on my underarms, not on my feet).

--Appearance--
A clear liquid that leaves no white marks on skin or clothes.

--Scent--
A bit too muskily and heavily perfumed for me; there's a possibility that it could interfere with other perfume you're wearing and I prefer a cleaner, fresher smell in my deodorants in general. Others, however, may feel that this offers an all-in-one possibility, protecting from bad odours while acting as a perfume in its own right, meaning there is no need to add extra perfume.

--Texture and consistency--
Rolls on over skin smoothly, sinks in and dries quickly and easily, and does not irritate in any way.

--Efficacy--
Unfortunately I didn't find this worked well on me; I preferred the Sure and Dove deodorants that I've also been sent recently in terms of keeping me BO-free. Strangely, I didn't experience much wetness with this product but I did feel that it just wasn't as effective at keeping me odour-free - but then again I do suffer with hyperhydrosis, so others may find they have a different experience.

--Value for money--
 Prices can vary for this one, because at present it's much easier to get hold of online than in physical stores (chains such as Boots, Superdrug, Waitrose and Lloydspharmacy mainly stock the spray - see below for more info). You can therefore expect to pay between £3.42 (One Click Pharmacy) and £4.99 (Goodness Direct) for this product. Either way, do I think it's worth it? While I like the concept and packaging, sadly this just didn't really work for me. I look forward to using the wipes that PitROK's PR also sent me to see if they work out any better.

perfect partners
Natural Deodorant Spray, £4.05/100ml
Deodorant Spray for Men, between £3.44 and £5.91/100ml (depending on where you shop!)
Natural Deodorant Stick, £6.59 for 100g
Organic Cotton Deodorant Wipes, between £3.34 and £4.18 for 20 (depending on where you shop!)

No comments: