Friday 2 August 2013

Schwarzkopf Got2B Beach Matt Texturizing Salt Spray

RRP: £4.05

--What does the promo say?--
"got2b Beach Matt Texturising salt spray gives your hair beachy waves - mermaid style. Every day will be like a day at the beach full of textured, wind blown voluminous waves and touselled beachy tresses with a rough and matt texture."

--Packaging--
The ergonomically-styled bottle is made even more attractive thanks to the cheerful seaside colour scheme of white, blue and yellow, which all makes you want to use it. The spray mechanism itself is also well-designed to allow for targeted application.

--Application--
Spray liberally through dry or towel-dry hair. Tousle or style as desired, before blow-drying or letting your hair air dry. This is not as easy as it sounds. I was never sure if I was applying too much or not enough and the 'tousle or style as desired' direction is too vague for people like me who frankly know nothing about hair (despite this being a general-sounding 'beauty' blog, makeup is definitely more my game).

--Scent--
None, despite the salt content. BONUS.

--Texture and consistency--
Naturally, thanks to the salt, hair still has that kind of 'crunchy' feeling after the spray has been applied. Don't expect to get away from it!

--Appearance--
Disclaimer: as mentioned above, I am rubbish with my hair. Definitely the wash and go type! You may see me messing my hair into plaits and using fancy clips if you're lucky. However, I was hoping this would be easy and that my hair would look like this in no time:
However, what I ended up with was more like this:
Mmm, yes: the 1980s rock star look. Which I could have basically got by staying in bed a bit longer, or sticking my finger into an electrical socket. No matter what I did, my hair just would not look like beach girly above. I admit that my hair doesn't hold any style well and never has. But it should be easier than this. Eventually, all I could manage was for the ends to go a tiny bit curly. I ended up sweeping it all to one side to try to mask the bed-head effect. Even my husband (who is usually complimentary) said something along the lines of "what have you done to your hair? It looks like you haven't even washed it."

--Removal--
Removing the effects of the spray will require a little effort. You will need a) a good hairbrush to get out the knots you have created; b) some patience (to also help with this); and c) a good shampoo to wash it out afterwards.

--Value for money--
I was sent mine for free by Schwarzkopf, but needless to say I wouldn't be too happy if I'd spent £4 on this. Just go and dance in the rain instead. It's more fun, your hair will look better if it curls naturally in the rain like mine does, and dancing in the rain is free too.

perfect partners
got2b Beach Matt Paste, £4.05
got2b Oil-Licious Styling Oil, £4.05
got2b iStylers Wax Define, £4.05
got2b Volumising Style Powder, £4.05

No comments: