Monday 22 October 2007

Helena Rubinstein Stellar Gloss Showlights Lip Gloss


RRP: £13.00 for 9.2g
no. of shades available: 6

--What does the promo say?--
"Dazzling Shine and Dewy Moisture. Inspired by the fascinating beauty of music hall showgirls dancing under the cabaret spotlights, Helena Rubinstein creates a new staging for your lips. A mesmerizing show of sparkles and glitter for truly dazzling lips."

--Packaging--
Lovely to look at - the clear plastic bottle that the gloss comes in is quite voluptously shaped, as is the lid (when I was given mine the lids were a gold-effect colour; they appear to have now changed this to silver). The applicator provided is a synthetic brush rather than being a sponge, which I must admit I prefer. There is no information given on the bottle itself, with the exception of the Helena Rubinstein logo on the top of the lid and the shade colour on the bottom of the bottle.

--Application--
Twist the lid, pull out the applicator, and apply directly to your lips.

--Appearance--
I have to say that the appearance of this gloss really does live up to the concept of showgirl glamour. However, it's subtle at the same time: rather than making you look like a hooker, despite the visible particles of glitter it's really very pretty. The colour swatches on the internet look rather brighter than the real deal, so don't be worried.

--Texture--
Smooth, not sticky.

--Longevity--
Longer than a lot of other lip glosses I've tried, actually (though of course you do have to reapply after eating etc).

--Value for money--
Even though this isn't as expensive as I thought it would be, and I'm loving the showgirl glamour, I think I'd still have to go for the Estee Lauder High Gloss, as it's a similar price but they have a far wider range of colours. Plus, when my sister left hers in her room, the sun poured through her window and actually made the colour of her lipgloss fade - I believe it was a pink colour before, and it is now white. Not impressed.

--Other comments--
Helena Rubinstein is apparently ceasing trade in the UK, though certainly for now their products can be easily found on other websites.

No comments: