Friday 13 June 2008

No7 Instant Radiance Foundation



RRP: £13.75
no. of shades available: 6

--What does the promo say?--
"Brighter, glowing skin...
If the dark days of winter aren't going away fast enough, your skin might need a little pick-me-up. Introducing No7 Instant Radiance Brush Foundation - a unique energising complex with vitamins C and E to help protect and revitalise dull-looking skin. The silky moisturising formula has light reflecting particles that boost your skin's appearance, making it look luminous and naturally flawless. Plus the clever brush pack helps your achieve make-up artist results, everyday. SPF 15. Hypo-allergenic."

--Packaging--
I don't pretend to be an expert on this site - I'm still learning all the time and still make mistakes, and I made one here, by not asking to see the packaging before I bought (it was boxed). Even looking at this, I got the impression I'd got bad value for money, as half the pack size is taken up by the brush mechanism, with the bit containing the foundation being pitifully small. It's a nice looking thing, sure, and it's easy enough to operate, but when you're disappointed by a thing before you even use it, that can't be good news.

--Application--
Pull off the lid, twist the brush to the clearly marked 'on' position, and gently squeeze the tube before wiping directly onto the face or wiping the excess onto your hand and working from there. Upward strokes are best when applying foundation with a brush as it gives the most even and natural finish, using a little foundation at a time.

--Texture/consistency--
Pretty good, but I prefer my foundation a little creamier.

--Appearance--
Despite having the palest shade available, I wouldn't want to wear this foundation in the winter. It's fine as I have a slight tan at the moment, and in summer it looks more acceptable to have a slightly more tanned foundation, but in the winter I might look a bit odd wearing this. It does give you that dewy, wide-awake look though, so I can't argue with that side of things.

--Longevity--
Not perfect, but not awful. Average.

--Coverage--
Very good, although by evening you may need to touch up, and when you apply it it certainly does deliver on its promise of flawlessness.

--Value for money--
Shockingly bad. I would buy my normal No7 or Rimmel over this any day (even though this does contain an SPF, which many foundations don't). It's overpackaged and the effects are no different to using a foundation brush normally. You may as well buy a decent foundation that actually IS full-size (rather than giving the illusion of being so. The picture on the Boots website is extremely misleading - actually go into a shop and look), and a separate foundation brush to go with it.

perfect partner
No7 Instant Radiance Concealer, £12

No comments: