Tuesday 11 August 2009

Sunsilk Silky and Straight Shampoo and Conditioner

RRP: £2.19 each for 200ml. However, prices vary across the internet, starting at just £1..
Other varieties from the Sunsilk range: Lively Blonde, Deeply Brunette, Care and Repair, Colour and Shine, Waves and Curls, Fresh and Flowing, Voluptuous Volume

--What does the promo say?--
"Is your hair stuck between straight and curly, neither one nor the other?
Sunsilk Silky & Straight Shampoo and Conditioner, enriched with satin proteins, will help smooth your hair along its whole length, leaving it fabulously sleek and shiny."

--Packaging--
A cheerful purple tube that sits sturdily on its plastic flip top lid in the shower. The quality of said lids varies - my conditioner lid closes very well but the shampoo lid is weaker, meaning that lots of water collects in the lid during showers. It's also too big to take on holiday with you if you're travelling on hand luggage, but is a good size for everyday use.

--Usage--
Massage the shampoo through wet hair and then rinse. Then stroke the conditioner through clean, rinsed hair and leave on for 2-3 minutes before rinsing out. You can repeat this procedure again if you like, but to be honest, it's not really necessary.

--Scent--
A nice clean cotton-type scent. While this is nice, maybe something more fruity, matching with the purple bottle (blackberries perhaps?!) would be a welcome novelty to rival brands such as Herbal Essences. However, it's definitely not unpleasant and shouldn't offend anyone.

--Appearance--
A white, glossy lotion, with the shampoo being runnier than the conditioner.

--Texture/consistency--
Very smooth. No problems here.

--Rinsability--
Fairly easy to rinse out; I occasionally find that I miss the very front of my scalp, but I think that's due more to my own shortcomings than to those of the shampoo and conditioner.

--How does your hair feel afterwards?--
I have very dry hair, so perhaps the Care and Repair version of Sunsilk would be better for me. You've probably already guessed that my hair still felt quite dry after the use of this shampoo and conditioner. However, there was nevertheless a definite improvement.

--How does your hair look afterwards?--
Definitely straightened. Good job!

--Value for money--
This is about the price of your average shampoo and conditioner, and I think that its price and its supermarket audience is reflected in both this and the fact that as with most supermarket haircare you do seem to end up using a fair amount of the stuff each time as compared with more expensive haircare. However, the bottles do seem to last a really long time despite this (though the conditioner always runs out before the shampoo...why?!), and deliver solid, dependable and palpable results every time. I've never had anything but a positive experience with Sunsilk, having also tried their range for blondes, and it's a great cheaper alternative to brands such as John Frieda. Onto the Care and Repair range for me, then...

perfect partner
Sunsilk Silky and Straight Leave-In Cream, £2.19

3 comments:

Airbrush Makeup said...

I love to use my sunsilk shampoo. Their products are very good. I love to use sunsilk's products.

sunsilk philippines said...

I love sunsilk specially the color green, it makes my hair long and strong! I'm an avid user since i was in the fifth grade.

Jason Zenteno

Herbal natural said...

I love sunsilk too, after every wash hair becomes more shiner.